It’s not nice being laid up. It’s been just over a week since #runstop kicked in and I could really do with going for a run. I’m not going to, I’m going to be good and continue to rest my leg. I know it’s not quite right, it still hurts, there is still some minor bruising and swelling. There is also slight discomfort when I walk on it and push off on it at certain angles. I’m finding that being sensible is very difficult when all you want to do is go for a run.
I guess it could be worse, I’ve been away in Hungary this weekend which meant that being parkrun light was enforced. The closest parkrun was over 250 miles from Budapest and I was out drinking with friends so there was very little time to have gone for a run even if I wasn’t broken.
The monthly marathon streak I’ve had going since September 2016 is also at risk, something that is constantly in the back of my mind. I’ve already done this months but in all likelihood Augusts one is at risk.
- 24.09.2016 – 401 Challenge marathon 390 – 27 miles
- 01.10.2016 – 401 Challenge marathon 397 – 30 miles
- 27.11.2016 – Winter Festive Frolic – 27.6 miles
- 18.12.2016 – Portsmouth Coastal marathon – 26.2 miles
- 08:01.2017 – Resolution run – 26.4 miles
- 05.03.2017 – Malta Marathon – 26.2 miles
- 26.03.2017 – Queen Elizabeth Spring marathon – 27 miles
- 30.04.2017 – Wickham Whistler – 26.4 miles
- 05.05.2017 – The Ox 50 – 51.5 miles
- 10.06.2017 – Endure 24 – 71.5 miles
- 25.06.2017 – Rainbow Superhero Challenge – 50k
- 01.06.2017 – Insomniacs Challenge – 51.5 miles
In hindsight, 2017 has been just a little excessive. We’re just 7 months in and I’ve done 4 marathons and 4 ultramarathons already, the past couple of months have seen some heavy mileage.
I’ve pushed too far and am now paying for it a little. Time to refocus and regroup, look at diet, strength and conditioning and do some work in other areas whilst my ankle heals, keep ticking along.
Easier said that done…